The First Month
- Crying - what to do.
- Baby doesnt cry to annoy you, Crying is a way to communicate because they need help so its important to pay attention to them.
- Little babies can cry a lot, especially in the late afternoon and evening. It could be they may have 'colic' but baby is not really old enough to have this. It would be more likely that their tummy is starting to work which will be new and getting ready to do a poo.
- Baby might be just overwhelmed by everything that is going on their new big world. Even though baby may cry alot it doesnt mean you are not doing a great job.
Five Steps to Building Baby's Circle of Security
1.Be my safe base.
2. Delight in me.
3. Hold me close.
4. Make eye contact with me.
5. Respond every time I cry.
Be bigger, stronger, wiser and kind.
If you feel you need someone to talk to there are many health professionals out there.
Call Mum to Mum on 1800 686 268